Sunday, September 11, 2022

Bool Disposal

During this week the drain for the kitchen sinks got clogged and backed up. It's been a while since I've had to work on that plumbing, but I have a shorty snake and my trustworthy hydraulic drain cleaner. To use either, I was going to need to undo the P trap and the elbow on the pipe going back into the wall. Not long after I started working at my current job I'd done some work down there, and have replaced that pipe with some nice schedule 80 stainless steel pipe, so it's heavy duty. I had my boy take all the crap under the sink out and put it in a box before I got off work the next day. That project spiraled, but I got it back together after much work.

Among the crap down there was this potion bottle. I don't remember the origin, but I'm pretty sure the boys had it in their room for a while. Might have found the bottle at the dollar store and put water and food color in it. I think it used to be a dark purple and it's faded over the years. It was grubby from being down there, and no one has much of a connection to it. I had the idea to just clean it off and stick it by the bleachers at the basketball court in the park across the street. I've done that with other stuff that seemed too good to throw out, such as the radio that was in the Matrix when we bought it, and it has worked.

My wife cleaned it off and it was on the counter. I saw it today and had a better idea. There's a swing over there, too, with a sand area beneath it. I went over there this evening (after yet another project that took far too long, the alternator in the Matrix had gone out. At least the rain that they had been predicting for today had all blown through yesterday!) and dug a hole and buried it off in the corner of the sand, with just the top peeking out!!! I hope a kid finds it and is filled with awe and wonder!!!

No comments: