Monday, December 28, 2020

The Catbird Seat

Another thing I ended up doing on Christmas day here!!!

The day before my younger son and I were cleaning off the patio in preperation for having people over. One of the things that was back there was the foot rest from another recliner that we'd trashed. This was probably over a year ago, I'd saved the foot rest with the intention of just such a project as this!!!

I'd done it before, and it's still in use. Since cats tend to like high perches, I thought the boy cat would like this!!!

Once again, I mounted the rest to some wood bars to span the width, then mounted it to a couple of angle brackets, and ran one long to add a pad to lengthen it, and put it close to the 2 x 4 claw post I'd mounted to the end of the original perch, with the thought that it might be used as the egress to get up to it. It all mounts above the back door, and he should have a view into the boy's room from up there.

I placed him up there, and he investigated it for a bit, then appeared to make himself comfortable up there for a while. I stuck him up there again today, and he watched as the boy exited his room. I have yet to see him head up there on his own, but he doesn't have a problem getting down, so hopefully he gets some use out of it!!!

1 comment:

Aye said...

Success!!! The beast knows how to access his new lair, and seems to like doing so!!!