Monday, September 14, 2020

Night and Day

On our most recent trip to Catalina, I, of course, took a lot of pictures.

Looking back through them, I noticed several similar shots I had taken during the night and the day. The first four (or two sets, if you prefer) are from Descanso Beach.

Since the younger was along, I had an evening walking companion, in fact I think it may have been him who had initiated the idea of going for a walk as the evening wore on.

The first evening, Descanso Beach is where we headed. It's just as nice at night, only with a lot less people. After we got there, we laid back on a couple of the lounges there. The weather was great for laying out under the stars beside the rolling tide. Told him next time we come over, we'll just sleep there instead of getting a hotel!!!

Part of the package that we got was a couple of $40 vouchers, good at either the Cafe Atwater (right next to where we stayed, the Hotel Atwater) or the Descanso Beach Club. Well, we enjoyed our sleeping to where the cafe was already closed, so back we went!!!

The next pair are, I think, from the pier, shooting towards the side with the ferry boat mole.

Of most of these, I think I prefer the night shots. I recently switched from a Galaxy S8 to an S9, which supposedly has a better camera. Still got some lens flare, but I think even the best will get that.

Next up is a couple of shots of the Avalon Chimes Tower.

I've STILL got a story from years ago to share about that someday...

And, finally, just a shot of the shoreline from the pier at night. No counterpart, just liked the picture!!!

No comments: