Thursday, January 02, 2020

Wild Snorlax Hunt

A great many things have happened. There were a couple of trips to Universal Studios, Christmas, Gravy day, and a radiator. I'm going to go with this, though.

In the middle of November, my younger boy wanted me to sign up for Pokemon Go, so he could friend me for one of his achievements. OK, I can do that. I don't know how much I'll do beyond that.

Well, I did, and I've taken to it some!!! Here I am, after I'd taken over my first local gym, and my Tauros was shown over it.

And there I am, after I'd defeated a Team Rocket Grunt. Yes, digital blackface. I like the look. Oh yeah, I've swapped out my original hat for a winter time beanie.

And there the boy and I are, getting ready to do a raid.

Last Friday, we were down at my parents house to celebrate Christmas with the extended family. My nephew was there, and he was asking my son if he was going to call his companion Pokemon "Little Catnip", so I renamed mine "Lil Irv"!!! There he is!!! I looked around, and saw there was going to be a raid going on at the park near there, and asked my son if he wanted to go. Just before we left, he looked around and saw there was a Snorlax at the Pokestop along the San Gabriel River bike path behind my parents' house. He really wants to get a Snorlax, as well as a shiny Evee.

OK, we'll try and get over there and get us some Snorlax action!!! We drove over to a far corner of the park, then walked past the golf course, across the river to the bike path, down to where another river joins, and across a bridge and down some from there.

It was quite a bit farther than I'd remembered!!! I'd guess we probably went at least a mile and a half one way. As a youngster, I'd used to ride my bike down there with my friends, and I related some of the stories as we made our way.

It was really getting to be the Golden Hour as we were working our way down, and we got some great pictures!!!

Of course, by the time we got there, there was no Snorlax to be seen. Oh well, we got to spend some time together, take some pictures, and do some father-son bonding!!!

Never got to do the raid, either. Ah well. Good times!!!

No comments: