Saturday, September 29, 2018

Classin' Up the Joint

It occurred to me recently that I haven't done much at all to 3 since I got her. I swapped the rims and tires, as well as the 512 Labs exhaust system, backup camera and the speakers, and had the rear window re-tinted, but that's about all I've done to her. Finally did a couple more things recently.

I'd picked up a Vue instrument cluster last time I went to the junkyard (well, technically the time before last, but I digress) and have since installed it. Prior to installing, I realized a flaw. The front plastic had a little crack on the bottom edge. Ended up pulling the front off the one that had been in there, and after a good cleaning, put it on the new Vue cluster.

I'm THRILLED with it's looks!!! Takes the feel up a couple notches!!!

The night illumination is even better!!! Interestingly, the needles aren't illuminated unless the car is running!!!

Only a few shortcomings. Foremost, the check engine light is on. There's no codes, but apparently it doesn't like the new home with slightly different body. If I'd read a little more on the swap forums, I might have picked up on that. I saved the one that had been in Scruffy after swapping the one with the working lights from 3 into her, because I may need to swap that back into 3 to get her smogged. Just under that, you'll see another flaw, now the fuel side arrow is pointing to the wrong side.

Finally, the trunk open icon has the image of a boxy car instead of a coupe. Ah well, still like the look.

Finally, I got the replacement headlights!!! They look great!!!

Don't forget to visine your headlights!!!

No comments: