Thursday, January 14, 2016

Lichtenstein Revisited

Back almost four years ago I happened on Roy Lichtenstein and his campy Pop Art. I like the look of the "I can see the whole room" artwork, and here have modified it into a size fitting to using as a computer wallpaper.

A bit after that, if you recall, I did up my interpretation as cup art, with work related text, which I've reposted here.

I don't remember how the inspiration for it came about, but I decided that I needed to use it as a wallpaper image again. That's how the modified image here came about.

Also, I was in need of a new artwork for my board at work, which is where I do my expressions these days. I had tried to do a snowflake (to go with the frigid weather we've been having these days) but that quickly spiraled out of control.

So, I thought I'd try my hand at this image again. I wasn't thrilled with how the first one I'd tried had come out. Taking a little more time and care, it came out better, but still not quite there. Primarily, in the original only one eye is visible.

My final attempt came out quite good, I thought, so far!!! I'm going to add some more black around it. Co-workers got a kick out of it last time, and we've got a lot of new ones these days, so this ought to entertain!!!

While looking around for a good version to morph into a wallpaper, it also occurred to me that these days phone wallpaper is more often in demand, and I was also in need of a new lock screen for mine, so I morphed it that way, too.

And how does one go about getting a Roy Lichtenstein image morphed into a wallpaper or lock screen size??? With an Image Duplicator, of course!!!

I'll be over here, waiting for my cease & desist...

No comments: