Sunday, January 31, 2016

Gender Dysphoria Cat

Back around a year and a half ago, my wife & I became grandparents to our grand-kitten. At the time, we thought it was a boy cat. There is a lot going on on the back end. A few months later, he got sick. He was very lethargic, and we took him to an emergency vet. They said he's very dehydrated, and if nothing is done, he's going to die. Oh yea, one other thing, he is a she. I told my son I'd cover the cost if he'll pay me back, and I believe his then-girlfriend told him that if he didn't, she'd never talk to him again. For the relative bargain price of around $700, they re-hydrated her and kept her overnight. That turned out to be all it took to get her back in the pink, so to speak. She's been fine ever since.

Ever since then, we've had a girl cat. I'd look at her from the back, and think to myself that if that's a girl cat, she's mighty lippy!!! Well, she's a pretty girl, and I used to call Leo a handsome fellow, so for a feminine counter to that, I'd call her a sexy beast. Truth be told, all cats, regardless of gender, are pretty sexy, I think it has to do with the way they have their shoulders.

When we'd first gotten her, my boy would keep her in his room, because Leo didn't seem very social towards her. He would growl at her, and he was pretty vicious, so it didn't seem safe. After a few months, we started getting them acclimated to each other, and he was actually pretty good with her. As the months went on, the younger and more playful one would attack him, to which he wouldn't do much, just howl about it. That's where I came up with the line about him being in an abusive arranged marriage.

We sometimes would discuss getting her fixed, but since Leo already was and she is an indoor cat, it was never a real pressing issue.

Then, I walk in on him with his dink pointing out, & he's playing with it. Looked quite a bit like this picture of a mixer nozzle here, only all pink. If she's really a girl cat, she's got a hell of a clitoris.

We'll just call him/her an "it".

No comments: