Monday, April 27, 2015

Quantum Cup

"We demonstrate that a black hole remnant exists for Schwarzschild black holes in higher dimensions using gravity's rainbow. The mass of this remnant is found to be greater than the energy scale at which experiments were performed at the Large Hadron Collider."

I had something in mind to put on the side of my cup (previously I'd had "Phones, fax machines, bottled water, television... They're ALL instruments of the DEVIL!!! (and ought to be encouraged)" from Love/Hate's "Black Iguana" on it, everyone at work got a kick out of that one!!!) when I read this line that I ended up putting on instead. The story it was quoted in was that scientists at the Large Hadron Collider were saying that, because of this, it points towards there being multiple parallel universes, that holy grail of Sci Fi authors. I think they have made a quantum leap of a conclusion that Scott Bakula would be proud of.

Work bowling night was last month. I went, as I usually do, and actually had a better score on my second game than my first. Usually I start out good, and go downhill from there. I think I start analyzing my game more as I go along. My game was not stellar, but good enough for me, I had fun. Come to find out the next week, our team had the 2nd highest score!!! I think it was likely due to the one guy on our team who was at least a semi-serious bowler (he had his OWN BALL!!!) starting off his game rolling a turkey. Think he ended up with 207 that game, I think the highest I've ever actually seen up close. Anyway, this water bottle was the 2nd place prize, & I thought was pretty cool.

The setting for these shots is on the toilet seat that my dad custom painted up for us for Christmas a couple ago, that I didn't post much about the Christmas itself (except to mention the breakdown on the way there!!!) It's rad, and makes for a good background!!!

No comments: