Saturday, October 06, 2012

Finally...

Here it is, the first post of share from our vacation this year!!!

This year we took a Disney cruise to Alaska!!! Made for a great vacation.

One downside was that, as always, if I want vacation days all in a string, I've got to get them at the end of the previous year. If anything comes up in between, there's not much you can do about it. The week I got was the one at the end of August and beginning of September. Unfortunately, my wife's job ended up starting in the middle of August, and of course they wouldn't give her the time off. Ended up being a bachelor vacation.

They did have the Friday before that week open, so I took it, too, and we had a few days over the weekend in Seattle, which is where the cruise departed from.

I took SO many pictures, and a good deal of them came out excellent. I was going through to find ones to print out to show co-workers, and I was over 50 before I knew it. No one has time to go through that many, so I had to pare it back.

Every place we pulled into on the cruise, they would announce over the P.A. on the ship that it was the best weather they'd seen all season. Of course, I had no basis for comparison, but it was nice enough to me. While we were in Juneau I saw a dad walking with his kid, just past toddler age, who was wearing nothing but shorts.

I've got a lot more to go on about, but I'll save it for later posts.

No comments: