Thursday, May 05, 2011

More Fun with Labels

Since the last time I made mention of killing labels, I haven't made a single ball of bar codes since!!! The next thing I made was a pyramid. It came out kind of irregular, not a single side the same as the other. It was too strange, so I didn't do any pictures of it. The next time, I started out trying to make a cylinder. It was coming out very oval. I joked that I could go to the bank and get a $100 and wrap it around the outside. At any rate, I wasn't terribly pleased with the way it was coming out.

Then I remembered something my younger boy had made mention of a few weeks before. He'd been saying he would like a sword made of wood to play medieval hero or something. Hmmm, could this be done??? Why not??? I started adding length to it, folding the labels around the edges much like the artisans of old crafting Samurai swords. It gained length, and I got several admiring comments from my co-workers.



Brought it home and gave it to the boy. He was impressed.

Oh, and that shirt he's wearing is another one I got him from Woot! I think he'd wear it every day if he had his way!!! Check out here for the fairly amusing write up on the shirt!!!

Just today I finished the latest creation. Came out pretty nice, perhaps it will make an appearance here later!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool sword! Great use of labels!! OMG he is so big! Where has the time gone?