Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Day in the Park



The weather here has been just phenomenal of late!!! I was thinking the other day that it would be a shame to spend the day inside or just doing things that needed doing like shopping and the like.



I looked up on Google maps to see if I could find a neat looking park to head out and have a little picnic at. I found a real nice one along the foothills, but upon arriving found out that reservations are required. No cost involved or anything, just a required reservation. Perhaps another day we'll return.



We drove down from there and located this large park with plenty of room.



Bonus, just the night before I received the replacement for the camera I'd bought for myself for Christmas. This one cost $13 more that the last kit I'd bought, but it has a 300mm zoom lens instead of the 200mm the previous came with. Brought it along to try it out. So far, the flash still works!!!



I can set it to run mode and whip off a series of pictures in rapid succession. With a couple of under 30 second videos set to the lowest setting and a bunch of those pictures you can quickly fill up a gig of memory!!!

Local Mounties made an appearance.



I found a set of velcro discs & ball set before we left. Makes playing catch considerably easier. We played for about ten minutes before the boys decided playing Tron Legacy with the discs would be more fun!!!



And, in case you wondered, this is how the moon looked today!!!

No comments: