Monday, February 28, 2011

CupDate: The Truth is Out There

And the truth is this: It's been a long, long time since I've had a chance to do any cup artwork!!! Work has been busy, but last week it seemed like there were a lot less lines per person, even though we were still doing a lot of business. Anyway, I finally had a chance to do some!!!



If you know at all, you will recognize this as a rendition of the poster Fox Mulder had (in his office or room??? Can't remember which) in the X-Files. Even people who aren't familiar with the show like the artwork.

Funny thing, when I googled "I want to believe" to see if I was getting the look right from memory, I clicked on the "shopping" link, to see what it'd have. I expected it to have the DVD of the second X-Files movie, which was called "X-Files: I want to Believe" in the first several slots, but instead most of it was for the actual poster!!! If I ever get the basement cleared out and make up a man cave down there, I'm totally getting that poster, as well as hanging up my wife's "Tombstone" poster.



A funny observation that I noticed when I was first penning this, and several others have noticed since: The saucer looks an awful lot like a sombrero!!! I joke to people who comment to that effect that after I drew the sombrero-saucer, I had to decide if I was going this way, or drawing the Tapitio man!!!



I spent entirely too much time photoshopping the saucer onto his head. Not so effective, actually. I notice that the actual sombrero I took out, the edges look a lot like tire treads!!!

No comments: