Saturday, January 24, 2009

He's Everywhere!!!

This is on the log in screen on Runescape this week. Is it just me, or does this guy look more than a little like our new President???



I'll let you in on a couple of things that you won't hear about Obama in the media.

1. His middle name is Hussein. I made mention of this to a few people after the election, and they were surprised to find this out. One of my friends from work and I actually had an interesting discussion on this, how the media had a double-edged sword with this, and kept fairly quiet about it during the election.

2. He's only half black!!! Shocking!!! The day after the election Doonesbury had a strip that mentioned this point.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes he does and I do agree that it is a bit of a puzzle especially toward his mom, not for OBAMA to at least mention that he is both white and black.

But on the other hand, it seems, most of society does see him as just black, which is odd. I heard a black woman on youtube say that the black community defines him as black because he shares more of an african american's features.

Still an all, I do think of his mother and grandparents who may want to hear him acknowledge his multi background. However, all an all...what does it really matter anyway?

If i was his Mom, I would be so proud of him and in the end it doesn't matter what anyone thinks, it matters that he has acknowledged the amazing upbringing from his family and that they are his true heroes.

Perhaps, they do not mention this because it really doesn't matter how anyone defines his color...it is his soul that holds his measure.

yea, that's how I feel

tootles!

:)

pnk

lantars: Lonnie Anderson never tackled a-hole Reynolds sufficently

susan said...

Good looks and blue jeans...now lets see how he plays the game.