Monday, February 05, 2007

The Personal Side of the Junkyard


One of the things I never gave a lot of thought to that my dad brought to my attention was the things left in some of these cars. Kind of sad, people have a significant portion of their lives in these cars, then something happens and its off to the junkyard for them.



Speaking of my dad, there he is!!! Even if I have nothing in particular I need, its always nice to go and spend some time with my dad.

I'm pretty sure this is either a 2.6 or 2.8 liter narrow angle V-6 engine from a Ford or Mercury. My brother in law used to have a clean Mercury Capri with the 2.8, he put a lot of money into that car, and it was nice. There was one of those there I tried to get a pic of, but my battery was on its last legs.

The sea of cars. My dad happened onto one of the guys who had been in his auto body class. He was searching for a deck lid for a 3rd generation Camaro. Didn't find one to his liking. I think I've got one of those in the basement, I'll have to look.

I ran into this guy!!! He used to work where I used to work, several years ago. We always got along well, he always put a smile on my face. We stood there and talked for probably close to half an hour.

This was cool, an old Mercedes (I'm talking 30's or 40's old!!!) with a wooden dash board.

I like the shade of red on this wig. Wasn't going to bring it home, though.

This was just creepy looking.

Look!!! It's the Goodyear blimp!!! Just a little after this it was nicely lined up with a palm tree in the foreground, but once again, my treacherous battery.

Bullets holes. That can happen around some of the local areas.


This was a little footstool covered with tiger print fabric. I thought the colors went well in the back of this car. Not so good with this camera though.

2 comments:

me said...

I use to love that ole commercial where people were waiting in traffic and you would here what was going on with each of thier lives...all different people.

I guess finding things in cars or at junk yards is the same premise except you use your imagination. I think about the cars that were repossesed and the photos or items that were left behind or stolen. I guess in a junk yard, there wouldn't be cars that were repossesed though.

Sometimes, when I would go to garage sales people would sell photos and I would think why would they do that? But I guess, there is a market for photos...somebody elses family memories...just sold away.

I am so sentimental that it's hard to part with things at times...they tell a story to some and junk for another. I think going to a junk yard would just make me sad to think of the families the cars held and then the car just gets all crushed.

Herbie the love bug with Lindsay Lohann made me cry when they were gonna crush Herbie..I know it was supposed to make me cry...kudos to the director but I couldn't believe I actually did! lol

Big ole sap I am. haha

You have very interesting ways that you spend your time. I hope you found your treasure dear.
: )

Tammy said...

I wonder why people do throw away memories, I found an old frame with a family picture in it at the thrift store.. Makes me wonder what happened