Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Spooky Season

Happy slightly belated Halloween!!!

This year my younger wanted to get a deer skull mask for his costume. There are a few of them out there, but they aren't cheap. I looked around and found a goat skull one instead, with the thought that the horns could be modified into antlers, but he decided that goat was good enough.

I don't know if I've made mention, but I'm back on the weekend shift!!! Since mid-summer, I've been doing 9 hour days Tuesday through Friday, and then 4 hours on Saturday afternoons, 3 to 7, and I like it pretty good, but it can interfere with Saturday evening stuff.

Some friends of the family just recently bought a house, and it's actually fairly close to ours. It's a very cool old place, with lots of rooms. A couple months ago they threw a housewarming party... on a Saturday evening!!! The rest of the family had gone when it had started, and I showed up a few hours in, after I was off. The Saturday before Halloween, they threw a Halloween party, and once again, the rest of the family had gone when it had started, and I showed up a few hours in, after I was off.

When I showed up, they were doing a pumpkin decorating and carving contest. The boy and wife had done a pretty good black cat on one side, and a bear on the other. I arrived, and touched up the standing fur on the cat and zig-zagged the top. It was a good time. Oh, and of course, the only picture I got of the aforementioned goat mask, I'm wearing it!!!

On Halloween, the boy and I dressed up and wandered the neighborhood as we do. The chili house was open for a snack stop. The lady of the house asks, “You just got that cool yellow sports car, didn't you? What is it?” I get that a lot!!!

And, of course, no spooky season would be complete without the early November tradition!!!

No comments: