Sunday, February 19, 2023

The Fuzz Cometh

It was getting late, and I was thinking of heading off to bed.

I hear a siren approaching, it sounds like a police siren. Moments later, I hear a louder engine climbing the hill, and not long after I see the red and blue light splashes on the windows.

That's unusual around here, but not unheard of. Silence ensues for a while, then here comes the police helicopter, flying low and doing circles.

Not long after, another police car shows up, and pulls into the neighborhood across the canyon.

Of course, by this time it's got my attention. A little after, four more police cars show up. There's now two on the far side of the hillside behind the neighborhood across the street, and two that had headed to the top of the hill come back down. The first one goes past the street across the way, and then is backing up, and the other one comes down and turns into that street. As I figured, the one backing up turns down that street, too.

There's a wild area behind the houses across the canyon, and I imagine that whoever they were after is hiding out over there.

It's been more than an hour. That helicopter is going to have to refuel soon!!! I know how these things go, I'll probably never hear what happened. (I'll post an update in the comments if I actually do)

Anyway, here's some blurry pics for you!!!

1 comment:

Aye said...

I've got a little bit of follow up. The incident ended up taking a little more than 2 hours. Had the bright idea, after I made this post, of going on Nextdoor and seeing if anyone had a clue. Someone had called into the police dispatch, and (while it didn't have any actual background) they said there was an armed suspect in someone's back yard. Of course, there's a whole canyon of untamed wilds behind several properties back there, and if someone knows of it, that would seem like a likely area to attempt to dissapear into. They called for a K9 unit, and supposedly they were injured, but not bad enough for the ambulance that was also on scene to be used (so hopefully the K9 got some chomps in!!!)