Sunday, January 20, 2019

Super Blood Wolf

Tonight was the lunar eclipse. I attempted to get a few shots with my phone's camera, and then broke out my Pentax to see how I did with each.

Probably haven't made mention, but that was my Christmas present to myself, stepped my phone game up to the Galaxy S8. Better everything than the S5 I'd had. My younger boy is saving up for the S9, for the improved camera it has. Anyway, the first couple of pictures here are what you can get with that!!!

Next, I got out my DSLR to see what I could do with that. Caught the blood effect much better!!!

I've got a couple of tripods, as well as a remote shutter release. I was going to set it up on one for these pictures, but come to find out, the wing screw I have for them is too long to clamp down the camera!!! I'll be getting a new one of those from my work at some point.

Anyway, I was able to get some fairly plausible pictures with the 300mm lens just resting it on an edge!!!

(The more you crop it, the worse it looks)

No comments: