Friday, August 31, 2018

Portrait Gone RONG!!!

It's been a while since I've done a self-portrait. Way back I'd done one and two, and I've probably done something in between, but here's the third!!!

For the back story, a while ago I came across the tale of 9-year old Alice, who came up with some great captions for the New Yorker cartoon caption contest. Apparently they do the art for some cartoons, then you can submit your caption. Of all of them, this is the one that stuck with me!!! One day at work all the label printers and the wireless had all gone out, and no one could get anything to work. I checked on Slack, and a bunch of people were informing via that of the problems. One of my old time friends who's been there about as long as me was across the conveyor, and he posted something to the effect of "Everything is broken!!!" I seriously LOL'ed. When I got a free moment, I found this and showed it to him.

Eventually I made up a new card for my tray, and did my best to copy the artwork, and change it just a bit to make it a self-portrait!!! Changed the text to make it more palatable to myself, and the guy to be me, complete with 'skinned head, glasses, changed the smoke to a pen, and, of course, my 512 shirt!!! Not long after I finished it, I realized that, with the exception of the shirt, there's about a half dozen of us fillers that it could be!!!

1 comment:

Aye said...

I believe that when I tweeted these pictures I stated that I changed the text because I'm not a 9 year old girl.