Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Post-Halloween Tradition Continues

Here it is, a month later, and here's the post-Halloween destruction video!!! For this year, I had the idea to get a big round pumpkin, cut it (almost) in half, then paint it up like a pokeball. Then, I had a much smaller pumpkin that I was going to carve the likeness of Charmander into, hopefully to make his tail into the candle part. Alas, I ran out of time, so that didn't end up happening. Oh well, it smashed up nicely!!!

This year I had two cameras rolling, so here you're getting two different views.

The other pumpkins I'd bought never got carved, either. A big, time consuming part of carving them is hollowing them out, so that is a big part of the reason they didn't get carved. We left them out on the porch railing.

Apparently, if you wait long enough, they hollow themselves out!!! One of the neighborhood squirrels gnawed a hole in the side of one, and took all the seeds out!!! Afterwards we threw it down, too. I cut a hole in the side of the next one to cut down on the gnaw time.

No comments: