Saturday, August 09, 2014

Work in Progress

So my self portrait I did a while ago is starting to get a bit worn. I had the idea to do another self portrait of me reclined on the hood of my Falcon, playing my son's guitar.

Since it sounded a bit involved, I figured I'd do a sketch of it on some paper first to see how things come out and try & get my perspectives right. It came out semi-OK, with the laying back on the windshield & the car itself being the biggest points I slated for improvement.

So I made up a new card & started in. I pretty much on all three so far have started with the guitar & the hands thereon and worked my way out. The guitar came out good enough, and as I continued on is where I screwed it up. Ended up with my neck way offset to the right, so I scrapped that one and started again.

Pictured is the third time, a charm. I got the reclining angle pretty good (better than the 2nd attempt) and the positioning of the guitar is a bit lower on my body. I've got the fender and body line roughed in, and will be continuing on from here. As you can see, it's still a work in progress!!!

No comments: