Saturday, March 22, 2014

Collabrative Cup

If you've been following this blog for any time, you may be aware that I always put a "512" on my cup. This tradition started back a few years, when they got a little bitchy about people leaving their cups at the printers at my work, and said that if you've got a cup, you have to put your name on it. I just used my number, and no one messed with it!!! Almost always up near the top rim in green pen. I vary the style I do it in, but often in a circle.

As you can see, this time I put it in a triangle. Didn't come out especially great.

I usually keep the same cup for a week or two, and occasionally will do some artwork on it. A few days in, the fun started when a co-worker added in three possible ways to state the number. Which one is correct???

A few days later, another helpful co-worker added in the Spanish translation for our amigos from South of the Border. Looks like he doesn't have a great grasp of the language, but points for the effort.

For the final touch (at least thus far, and likely this will be all, the cup is looking pretty beat up) yet another co-worker added in the topper, three more!!! First, she put in Roman Numerals (although one could argue for DXII, though I've done V over XII before). I made mention that I was considering asking one of our Asian co-workers to add in, if they could, the Asianic characters. She responded that she could do Japanese, she'd lived there for a year!!! And she did!!! By the way, who knew that my keyboard has the Japanese characters for one and two (- and =)??? Finally, she added in what I think is German!!!

No comments: