Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Dreaming of a White Christmas

Merry Christmas to all!!! Since I'm not doing a lot, and my internets are going really slow, thought I'd put together the next post of vacation pictures!!!

I thought pictures from the Sawyer glacier would be appropriate. This was the first destination on the cruise, up Tracy Arm. There was one whole day of steaming up the Canada coast and a night of heading up the Alaska coast. When I looked out the porthole of our cabin that morning, I saw icebergs!!!

We never left the ship, but were just positioned off the glacier all day.

I kept looking at the left side all day, see how it looks like it's all an overhanging ice cave???

There went a little, but I was sure there was more in it.

They said that some days they come up here and it doesn't calve off but one or two icebergs. As was typical of our trip, however, it was excellent, and it was calving ALL DAY LONG!!!

I took so many pictures there, and the bulk of them came out quite good!!! There's the wave from just a bit to the right of where I was watching.

If you notice the dark specks on the ice floes, those are seals. Gives you a bit of an idea of the scale. There's a huge hunk of the blue of the glacier iceberg.

There it's going!!!

And to all a good night!!!

No comments: