Sunday, May 02, 2010

Weekend of Win

A brief weekend recap, for a change. It all went rather well, I think.

Firstly, I had a bit of an odd weekend. Swapped with one of the Saturday shift guys, cuz he had something going on. That means I had Friday off.

Last week I'd gone on a technology shopping spree again. I had been telling a co worker, two Fridays back now, as he was perusing the Fry's Electronics ad that I had 3 things on my list:
1. LCD TV for the bedroom. Around 20-25 inches, and since I paid $300 for a 32" for the boys in December, I figure a price around $150-175 is all I should realistically have to pay. Woot had a 22" Vizio for $159 that night. SOLD!!!
2. A HD car radio for the Saturn. Right before I'd gotten the install kit for it, I was seeing them under $100. My dad got one for his garage, and he raves about it. I've been watching, but at that point they were all more, or none with HD. The next day, Fry's has an ad for one at $69. SOLD!!!
3. A good, decently priced DSLR camera & lens set up. They were having decent deals around Christmas, but not so much since. Still waiting on this one. I've been in the wait mode on this one for a couple of years, but that's OK.



Got home Thursday night and the antenna adapter I'd ordered to install the radio had come in the mail, and the TV too!!! Set up the TV (actually had an antenna coaxial cable running right by there, nice) in the bedroom. I'm pleased with it.

Friday I wake up to Mark & Brian doing a webcast where they're having chili made. I'd made a doctor's appointment since I had the day off, and got my prescriptions refilled.

I'm in the process of restoring the vintage 50's art deco looking medicine cabinet from our bathroom. Took it all apart & cleaned it off and worked on the rusty spots. Next I installed the radio. I'm very pleased with it. You can really hear the difference when the HD kicks in. Oh yeah, it also has an MP3 player input jack, as well as the ability to play MP3 & WMA encoded discs.



After work on Saturday (from 6:45 to 3:30, a three hour earlier shift than I'm used to, but nice that I'm out before it gets too late in the day) I met up with my wife & boys at my parent's house. I've been chasing down a nasty vibration at idle in Janis for a couple of months now. I had bought new motor mounts a bit ago, and now I finally got a chance to install them. After having changed out the fuel filters and harmonic balancer, I finally got to the actual cause!!! The passenger side mount was... almost like it had a hinge torn in it. The driver's side was collapsed all the way down!!! Probably a new transmission mount would be in order, too.

Took my wife to the movies that night. she wanted to see the new Nightmare on Elm Street. Not bad, but not really that good, either. The first one was better. I didn't buy any of the actors as being high schoolers.

I know there was more, but I can't remember what all.

No comments: