Tuesday, August 25, 2026
The Wall
I'd made mention in a previous post of the project I'd been working on painting the window frames.
I had finished off the frames some time ago, and here's the results!!! The picture also has the motion detector light activated.
In the same post, I'd also mentioned that I was thinking of doing an accent wall, and now that's been done, too!!! The splotchy repaint I'd mentioned, you can kind of see in the next two pictures, but it's white on white, so it doesn't show up great.
In addition to the repaint, it also needed a little bit of body work to fill in some pits and gouges. I had the cover to the heater off to do the work, and it had a portion right by the air intake that looked burned. While I had it off, I cleaned it off (using the battery powered power washer I'd picked up, it's OK but not great. Kind of a glorified super soaker), sanded it down, and sprayed it with some high temperature spray paint.
My wife got a picture of me applying the first stripe...
The transitions didn't come out as clean as I was picturing, but it works.
I am pleased with the final results, though!!! My wife said it looks a little like a sunset, and said I could add some In-N-Out Burger style palm trees!!!
The bookcase and the stereo rack had been in the opposite positions before the project, and the bookcase was slightly into the walkway from the door, so this arrangement is better. I also painted the bare wood sides and top of the bookcase white before making some holes in the back to run the wires through.
I also realized that the TV mount had just a bit of height adjustment that I could use, so I've re positioned it around 3” up from where it was. I made a couple of gouges through the color layer while I was putting the heater cover back on that I need to go back and touch up, too.
The whole project took a while, but I'm pleased with the results!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment