Wednesday, August 05, 2026

Retro Taco

I had heard that last Saturday Menace of The Woody Show would be doing a back to school event at a shoe store in the area. One of the Taco Bell restaurants that we frequent is just down the street from the store, so I suggested that we get some lunch there, then go over to check out the event.

While we were at the Taco Bell, either younger or surrogate made mention that another group looked like they were going to be going to the shoe store, too. Looked like they were from the station, they thought. I looked over, and yea, could be, but I didn't look very hard.

We headed over after we were done. Surrogate sees Menace and says something about “that white guy” over there. I thought that was pretty funny, his original name was The White Menace!!! Headed over and said hi (he acted like he recognized me, maybe he did, I've seen him before, or maybe he just has that way about him) and asked if they'd been over at the Taco Bell, and he says that they had been. That reminded me, fairly often when Taco Bell comes up on the show, he'll call on Taco Bell to bring back the 5 Alarm Double Decker Taco, discontinued 1997. I turned my phone to selfie video and asked him to tell me about it, and here it is!!! It was pretty cool.

My personal 5 Alarm Double Decker Taco is the BLT Taco they had back around the same time, it was pretty straightforward, a good amount of bacon, and lettuce and tomato, along with a ranch dressing on a flour tortilla. I feel like it was just a bit after they'd had the 59-79-99 menu, and they sold for something like $1.29 at the time, so they were a little expensive for what you got, but they were tasty!!!

They were doing raffles for concert tickets and The Woody Show spatulas (a very expensive item, according to Menace), and we hung around for two of the drawings, but didn't win anything. I'd heard there would be theme park tickets, too, but not while we were there. That's what I would have liked. We also showed up in the background of one of his videos that he posted.

Menace has been using one of the GLP drugs (the fat shot), and he's looking good for it!!! Don't know how many of the 5 Alarm Double Decker Tacos he'd be able to put away now!!!

No comments: