Monday, May 13, 2024

The Happy Day After 512 Day Random Post

Yesterday, of course, was 512 day. In honor, here's my latest 512 shirt!!!

I've had the concept of Mystery 512 for a long, long time, with the idea to have it on a shirt. It was something of a time consuming process the last time I made up a 512 shirt. I recently heard of StickerMule, where they print stickers and T-shirts from your design. I took a little time in Paint Shop Pro and made up the design, pretty much freehand, so the proportions aren't exact, but it came out good enough. Of course, as with anything you are having made, the more you buy the cheaper the unit price, so I bought four!!! Gave one to the boy. I'm very pleased with the results!!!

Haven't posted about Sidney the Kidney in a while, maybe since we got him!!! He's awesome, a real people cat, and a welcome member to the family. His love language is licks, but don't be too flattered if he gives you licks, here he is being a weirdo licking my son's dumbbell!!!

The boy has been doing workouts regularly for several months now. During the stupid times, I packed on several pounds, and outgrew several of my T-shirts. I picked up a couple of Sky T-shirts, one that has a yellow Redline on a black background, the other has a basic profile drawing on a yellow shirt.

This type of thing probably doesn't help, but we went back to the Charley's Phillies I'd mentioned before, and actually got a picture of the cheesesteak this time!!!

At the beginning of April I took a week off and had a little vacation. We headed down to Carlsbad with no particular plan on what we would do once we got there. Stayed at a place that looked like nothing but a concrete block from the outside, but it had some really great rooms inside!!! Very spacious!!! We soaked in the hot tub and swam in the pool. They had outside barbecues and a fireplace that I would have liked to have enjoyed a little, but that didn't happen.

Ended up going to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, and it was pretty excellent. As we were leaving we were looking around for somewhere to have dinner. Came across Seoul Cord Dog & Fried Chicken, and I've gotta try that!!! We got corn dogs with crunchy sweet rice puffs all over the outside, and sausage and cheese stick on the inside. Wow!!!

There was a boba place on the other side (it was in a pretty decent mall) and I got myself a honeydew drink that was really good as well. Afterwards, my son wanted the same thing, so I got another, and of course my credit card company questioned the double charge for the same amount!!!

Last week was my in office week. Had two real nice weather days where I was able to drive the Sky with the top down. Third day I had to take the Matrix to do the “Will It Fit: Matrix Edition” featuring several pieces of 8-foot 2 x 4's!!! I feel like I could have gone up to 9 feet, or even 10 feet if it was up to the corner of the windshield.

One of the posts I've been meaning to do, but haven't (naturally), is an overview of the work I've done on the cars of late. Sometime at the end of last year I took the Sky to my tint shop and had the limo tint removed from the front windows, and replaced with a barely there tint. Came out great and makes it much better driving with the top up, especially at night. I'd had my wife following to give me a ride back while it was being worked on, but by the time she arrived they were pretty close to having the job done. I asked if they could get the Matrix done as well (it came with limo tint on the front windows as well, and I've been wanting to get it taken care of since we got it). Ended up waiting until the Sky was done, and left the Matrix there to get the same level of tint. I like it much better as well.

Well, for a 512 day wrap up, we were driving in the Matrix in the Fast Track lanes, moving right along, and here come the fuzz!!! Pulled me over for speeding, but after checking my license and registration, came back and just tagged me for an equipment violation for the front windows having tint on them!!! Thanks, officer!!! Now I've got to get the tint removed and signed off on, then more than likely put back on. I'm fine with that!!!

Here's your one picture of a giraffe from the Safari Park, looking a little derpy.

I had to go take a look at this, also at the corn dog mall!!! They put you in a harness and you get to grab your prize. We didn't do it. According to the sign, we all exceed the weight limit.

No comments: