Sunday, September 20, 2020

Armored

I finally got this together last week!!!

You may recall I had the rocker panel on the exhaust side had melted down, after the exhaust had bottomed out a few times.

It was a messy looking meltdown. I'd trimmed around the top edge, so it had a hole all the way through already.

I bought some aluminum tube, and trimmed it to fit with the clearance.

And there's the mock-up!!! You may notice a couple of little button head screws on the back. I added a 1/2" x 1/8" aluminum bar back there.

In the mock up picture I had button heads holding it on. From the beginning I'd had the idea of using square neck bolts. Here's after I'd filed one of the holes square.

And some high-temprature paint on the guard and the bolts. Also pictured, I bought a plug for a piece I always remove from the air filter box.

Putting it back on, I had trouble locating the back hole, so I was using the camera as a mirror to see what I was doing. Ended up with a working selfie!!!

Came out pretty decent!!!

Today I did an oil change in preperation for an upcoming smog check, and while I had her up on stands, took the pipe off to give it a fresh coat of paint.

No comments: