Saturday, August 16, 2008

Life of Lesiure

I know it seems like I just got back from vacation, but in the time since then, I've gone on two more!!! Life is good!!!



The first was a week at the family camp up in the mountains that I had been to two years ago. My parents and niece and nephew came, and were in the cabin next to ours.



All but one of the days we were there, however, we spent mostly away from the camp.



We went to a couple of different creeks, on a hike, up a forest service fire lookout tower, and all us guys except the youngest went off roading in my dad's durango. That turned out to be an adventure. I'll likely post a little video clip of that later. The picture of the dirt trail there is where we had most of the excitement. Fun trip.



Yesterday I had to be in court again, for what hopefully will be the last time on this case. I think it went well, the judge will be mailing my verdict. To reply quite belatedly to one of my loyal readers, Pank-Anon, the reason I've not let this slide is because I stand to get a well deserved judgement of up to $12,000 or so. Probably won't be all that, but the only way I could not prevail is to not take it to court!!! AND, the defendant has insurance, suckly as it may be, and if they have to pay for insurance, the insurance should be made to pay up when they are called upon to do so.



ANyway, since I had to take the day off for that anyway, the boys and I, as well as my father and nephew all went up to Millard Falls for some actual tent camping.



It was also fun, but a lot different than staying in a cabin. Campfire and marsh mellows, hiking up to the falls, crapping down a hole in a hut.



Today we hiked probably more than two and a half miles each way to up above the falls. I had been that way before, but instead of going to above the falls we had gone the other way to some abandoned mines.



It was interesting to see some new areas, as well as what the falls look like from the top. Interestingly, the creek goes underground about 25 feet before it makes it to the falls.



This post is slightly abbreviated from what it was going to be. I had a computer freeze. Hate that.
Today is my birthday. A different way to spend my birthday.

3 comments:

susan said...

Happy Birthday!You know I had to steal that cave man wilderness adventure photo.Looks like you had are having some wonderful vacations, like you say,"Life is GOOD" I'm glad everything worked out in whatever legal matters you've been going through.

Anonymous said...

Liked the rock that looked like a skull...beautiful scenery...the water so crystal clear! those falls!...lovin the fire photos and that magnificent tree2.
Great way to spend your special day!
A belated loving wishes
pank-anon

uasdxhba: eh, I'm too tired 4 word ver....just polished off a half bar of plain cream cheese

I gotta try...ok

usually Aye sees daring... x(?) come on!

Ukuleles and soothing dark xylophones have belowing antidotes

oh, that sucked

night cowboy!

Shimmy Mom said...

Happy Birthday. The pics are beautiful it looks like a great place to spend your special day.
Thanks for stopping by.