Monday, October 09, 2006

Compulsion


This was my first car. As you can see, I cut the roof over the driver and passenger seats. I made it so the cut section could be put back in place for foul weather. It was pretty fun to drive around with the top off. Not so good when it rained, but it only leaked a little, and it doesn't rain that much around here. I had hundreds of other little custom touches, but the roof was the main one, and probably my favorite. This car was a major influence on the purchase of one of my current cars, Mav 2 (scroll down, it's the one at the bottom that isn't completely trashed!!!). I ended up selling Mav 1 for $50 more than my asking price!!!

While I have no plans to cut the top open on this one, these days I'm feeling a compulsion to do this or a similar modification to another car. Must be the warm temperatures we've been having, or the fact that I'm driving around with my camera more these days. I saw a Pontiac 6000 convertible for sale for $950 OBO. That might be a better way to go.

2 comments:

Mad Max said...

Sweet ride, Aye. I'm sure it wouldn't have been your first choice (after reading your comments to your "rusty" post I understand about getting the "left over" car), but I like the irreverent take you took with it. Do I see shaved door handles, too? All four of them? One of the hundreds of custom touches? I like your Mav 2, you don't see hardly any of those out there anymore, and most what you do see look a lot more like "rusty". I would be careful cutting the tops off cars, it tends to weaken the structure. But, there is defenetly something about open air motoring, especially in our climate.

Anonymous said...

For the love of cars.
Have fun with the new one.