Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Sunset

Continuing on the theme of this year, it's been strange. Since options are somewhat limited, my wife and I for our anniversary returned to the same place we had gone last year. Instead of dining at the great Italian restruant and seeing a movie, we got Carl's Jr, pizza, and watched TV. It was a nice getaway, nonetheless.

It's up in Oxnard, a pretty nice resort right on the beach. Really spacious rooms for the price, and they have a breakfast buffett.

The last time we were there, the wind was whipping in off the ocean, freezing cold, and the visibility wasn't great.

This year, it was a lot nicer, and clear. I headed out to the beach the first night just as the sun was setting, and it was stunning!!!

I couldn't stop taking pictures, and they for the most part came out great!!!

This family with two girls were heading out to check it out, too, and I happened to get them silouhetted against the water. I considered showing it to the parents and offering to text it to them, but decided against it.

The moon was just a sliver, and I was trying to get it in several pictures, and did, but it's pretty small in most of them.

In case you were wondering, those are the channel islands out there.

The water receding with the sky reflecting was a good subject, as well as the waves crashing sending up plumes of spray, and the occasional sea birds.

And, as I headed back, I decided to mess with the night shot setting, and got this dramatic shot of the sand!!!

No comments: