Monday, August 19, 2019

August & Everything

Happy August!!! As is usual, I observed the traditional birthday of myself!!!

For something different, this year I had to get my driver's license renewed. If you're aware, you know that this is a major pain in California, as they had postponed implementing the Real ID act for several years, then when they started doing it, they screwed it up in typical fashion, so DMV offices have been swamped. I'd attempted to make an appointment to get it renewed before it expired. Of course, the only appointments available were for a month after it expired. Anyway, a few weeks before, on my day off, I headed over to attempt a walk-in renewal. I got there about 15 minutes before they opened, and by my estimation there were about 30 people already in line. I joined in, and by the time they opened, there were probably another 30 people. They were giving out your number as you filed in, and pre-screening where you were going. As I'd judged, I was #30!!! Did a bit of filling out on some kiosks they have there, generated a file number, then waited until they called my number. Showed my papers, paid my money, and was out in under an hour and a half, so it was nowhere near the horror story that everyone had been saying. Got my Real ID a week or so ago, nicely before mine expired. I like my look in the new one better!!!

Out driving the other day, and I was behind a car with my birth month and year on the plate!!! Now you know, if you didn't already.

What did I get for my birthday? My wife got me a nice manicure kit, and I bought myself a Firefly comic and the 40th anniversary CD from the Stray Cats. I'm planning on buying the components to repair the air conditioning in Scruffy, and thinking of getting another set of Ion rims to put on 3.

No comments: